Description of Task: For this assignment you are going to explore the concepts surrounding the atom and gain an understanding of the Particulate Nature of Natter.The following technical definition of the particulate nature of matter will guide you as you explore. Your goal is to break down this definition into an easier to understand presentation. Your presentation can take many different forms. You will need to seek approval for your presentation plan by Ms. Moore by Monday 10th (written down with both partner’s names and submitted)
The Blogs/Padlet/Activities due: Monday 10th and the Presentation Product due Thursday 13th.
Particulate Nature of Matter:
The particulate nature of matter means that all matter is made up of particles. Example particles are atoms and molecules. Atoms and molecules make up matter. Matter comes in states such as gases, liquids, solids, and plasma.
Assignment Requirement (Where to start):
- Start by visiting each Page under the Atom and Matter Project Tab. Complete the activities and watch the videos under the Atoms tab and under the Phases of Matter Tab.
- You should take notes and organize the information that you learn throughout this process because you will need it to complete the requirements of this unit (these are listed below)
- (These notes will go on the left side since they are Project Notes not Class Notes)
- You are expected to complete at least 2 blogs, one on atoms and one on matter as a pair on CreativeChemistry
- As a pair you should also response to 3 classmates’ blog posts on CreativeChemistry
- Your posts will be evaluate for thought, so please make sure you put in effort to show what you learned
- Please be respectful of your peers thoughts and feelings when responding to their posts
- You will be expected to contribute to the Padlet wall (located on the Blogging Space for Students Page) at least 3 times throughout this unit as a pair
- You can share something interesting you learned, a source or website you used that was useful, or pose a question to your classmates. All postings much be relevant to the Atoms and Matter topic
- Presentation Requirements: Your presentation must explain what you have learned throughout this unit and a breakdown of the technical definition of the Particulate Nature of Matter
- You should try to use technology in some way (PowerPoint, Video, Popcorn, Podcast, etc.) --See the Resources Page for tools and ideas
- Your goal is to be engaging and to teach your classmates what you learned in a clear and concise way
To get a copy of the rubric click "Download File" and download the document that contains the rubric file below.
|File Size:||21 kb|